Design Research Methodology / Final Compilation & Reflection

23.04.2026 - 26.07.2024 (Week 1 - Week 14)

Tan Sin Mi (0368821)

Design Research Methodology

Final Compilation & Reflection



INSTRUCTIONS



TASK 1



TASK 2




TASK 3




FINAL REPORT



PRESENTATION SLIDE & VIDEO

Presentation Video Link: 
Click Here


REFLECTION

    Through this research and data collection process, I gained a deeper understanding of the usability challenges faced by elderly users when they use smartphones. The survey collected different opinions on font size, design of navigation and icon, touch gestures, accessibility features and interface customization. This allowed me to better understand the key factors influencing the user experience for elderly users and provided clear guidance for the follow-up interface design.

    I also encountered some challenges during the data collection process. Some participants have different levels of understanding of the survey questions, therefore I have to make some explanation for them to ensure that they can understand the questions and answer them correctly. Besides, to get enough feedback for the survey, I have to share the survey through different platforms, which took considerable time. While the process was challenging, it also improved my communication, data organization and data analysis skills.

    In the end, the overall process of this research not only helped me to gain a deeper understanding of the needs of elderly users, but also let me realize the importance of user-centered design. Although technology continues to advance, I believe that one of the goals of technological development is to ensure that people of all ages can benefit from it. Technology should make life easier and more convenient for everyone. In my opinion, technology that is accessible and beneficial to all users is truly good technology. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Typography / Task 3

Typography / Task 1

Experiential Design / Final Project